[rollei_list] Re: WTB Rolleiflex 2.8D

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:25:53 -0500

At 09:57 PM 9/15/2011, you wrote:
If anybody out there has a 2.8D they'd like to send my way, please let me know. Sanders McNew

I just wish I had kept my 2.8C bought in Hong Kong in 1954. I got ALL the accessories (they were cheap then and there) and used it for many years, along with a pretty decrepit GE light meter (or the little exposure sheet that came in the film box). Amazing how well one can do with just that little sheet. At one time I had the details of every shot and exposure data in a book I carried along. That's lost now and I am working on trying to restore some of the Ektachrome slides that went pink. Strange, Agfachrome was cheaper at the time, got overnight processing from Leiden, and those slides are still in perfect condition.

I traded it in, or maybe sold it, to have a 3.5F for a Rolleimarin.

DAW