[rollei_list] Re: WTB -P11 reflector

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:40:20 +0000

Thanks for all your input.

The reflector is a front surfaced parabolic mirror, so unfortunately a flat
one will not work.

Having checked the temperatures (with a 300w bulb), the rear surface of the
mirror reaches about 45C, the front surface about 150C and the matt black
top surface of the lamp bulb about 250C.

Intertronics list an adhesive which can withstand 250C, so I will check that
out.

The projector still works well, it's just that one piece of the reflector
has slipped slightly and so will not be reflecting all of the light into the
optical condenser.

Failing adhesive repair working, I will just wait to see if a broken P11
comes up for spares somewhere at a sensible price.

John