[rollei_list] Re: WTB...

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 08:13:51 +1100

I agree with Jim Brick's suggestion of dscamera on ebay.

Also, for the shorter lenses on which the rotating aperture ring is very close to the camera lens mount (50mm and probably the 80mm) all that is needed is a tiny block glued to the aperture ring in the right spot. I will forward some info when I'm back home on Monday. For longer lenses, the aperture ring is further away and the E-ring has to cover the non-moving part of the base of the lens.

Actually on ebay recently there was an SL66SE for sale at a highish price, apparently from the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum, where  an older lens had been rigged up to link with the SE meter.

Have a look at item 400086076493.

Some time ago I bought an SL66SE from that seller and it is very good.

I might add that, having scoured the Earth for E-rings for all my SL66 lenses except the 80mm which came with the SL66SE, I still finding myself using my external spot meter most of the time. Once the camera is on a tripod, it's easier to point a meter around the scene than the camera.

John Stockdale

John Wild wrote:
WTB...
I am looking for SL66 ‘E’ rings for 50mm, 80mm, 120mm and 150mm. Anybody help?

Regards

John

--- Rollei List - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Online, searchable archives are available at //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list