[rollei_list] Re: WKHR

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:57:20 -0400

At 01:00 PM 3/25/2010, Robert Marvin wrote:
Marc,

WKHR is certainly not the only non-NPR publicly-supported radio station; there are the Pacifica stations, KPFK, KPFA, and WBAI. Although if you think NPR is Bolshevik [which IMO is ridiculous], I don't know what you'd make of those three, which really are quite far to the left. I used to listen to WBAI, here in New York, but find it's politics too strident, even when I agree . I do listen to the three local NPR stations though. You wouldn't like WNYC, which is all news and talk, but you just might enjoy WBGO (jazz) and WQXR (classical)--you could ignore the occasional short NPR newscasts.

Thank you, Bob. NPR is uber-Bolshie: let us sit down over some Jameson's some afternoon and listen to their howlingly "moderate" afternoon news feed. Once you start LISTENING to their spin, you will find yourself reduced to tears of laughter.

The nice part about WHKR is that they do not give ANY news. No editorials. Some weather coverage, an occasional emergency feed on a traffic jam in Bay Village. But NO NEWS, hence no spin at all. Just the music.

Keep the music flowing! Send in your $10! I have persuaded a couple of friends from Australia to contribute. So, why not you?