[rollei_list] Re: WAY OT: Restored Me262 in Flight

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:20:35 -0700

Very cool video.

Lots of interesting info on these babies found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262

Such as this tidbit:

The Czechoslovakian aircraft industry continued to produce single-seater and
two-seater variants of the Me 262 after WWII. These were kept flying as late
as 1957.

On 10/7/06, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 03:10 PM 10/7/2006, you wrote: >Marc and Carlos - Thank you for filling out the picture for us. I had >assumed that this aircraft was made in the 40s... I did not realize >that all the originals are gone. Still, as a few others have said, it >is really something to see this bird fly...

Quite a few of the original ME-262's survive,
Eric -- the Smithsonian has one, for instance,
and I believe that there is even one in
Australia.  But all are just static display
models and are no longer flightworthy.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!