[rollei_list] Re: WARNING about Dr. Mark Meijer c/o Global RolleiClub and...

  • From: RALaubach@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:50:42 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/05 5:29:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> This list has always
> maintained freedom of speech, and the only thing really off limits is
> personal attacks.  Anyone who is offended by our discussions or
> language can find instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of
> each list message.
>
> Now let's get back to discussing photography and Rollei.

Bob,
I would hope that the message from longstanding members to newer contributors
would be welcoming and open, not telling them "here's the door" and that if
you're not gonna do as the good old boys do you can leave.  Freedom of speech
is for everyone, not just the longstanding members.  If that's what you want,
post a warning for new members that they shouldnt offend you, or just close the
list and limit it to those of you who know each other so well.  An internet
list should be open to all, welcome all, and be sensitive to all, not
judgmentall.  I hope this is the real message of this group, not just "if you
dont like
it, leave"
Bob Laubach
Manassas, VA