[rollei_list] Voigtländer (Rollei) VSL3 E repair

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:24:52 -0300

2011/7/11 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2011/7/11 Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>:
>> Carlos,
>> Nice portrait.  I am impressed by the quality of the 2.8 Xenotar even with
>> the Rolleinar 1.  Wished I had kept the 2.8 E Xenotar I bought locally two
>> years ago but it had a little bit too much fungus/mold inside. Only kept the
>> German instruction and accessories booklets.
>> Who does your CLA's?
>
> Thank you Jan. ... I sent camera (and lens)
> to "Casa Schwarz" at Buenos Aires city... now I sent them the Voigtländer
> VSL3 E and the
> two lenses...

After several months in Casa Schwarz for a general CLA and electronic
shutter repair (I commented it with more detail in a post I can't find
now), I received bad news about it, the technician couldn't repair the
shutter; an engineer overhauled it finally, he wrote a report saying
the camera electronic shutter can't be repaired and replacement parts
are no longer available, I regret it beyond the money because the
camera really looks in mint condition; some day perhaps I'll find an
identical camera or a Rolleiflex SL35 E in a bad general condition but
with a working shutter to "cannibalize" it.
In the other hand, the Ultron (Rolleinar-Mamiya) 1.4/55mm and the
Rolleinar (Mamiya) 2.8/135mm multicoated lenses became like new after
the CLA according the same report, I'll use then with the Rolleiflex
SL35M that worked very fine including the lightmeter during my recent
travel to the Patagonia.