[rollei_list] Re: Voigtlander Vito - illusions of grandeur (Off Topic)

  • From: Jan Decher <jan.decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:24:13 -0700

Roger:

The Vito at least has the fill range of shutter speeds (1-1/300, I
believe). The Vitorets are worse.  They only offered three or four shutter
speeds.  My first camera in 1973 was a Vitoret D - extremely limiting.
Jan

======From: "Roger M. Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:52:21 -0500
Jan,  You are right !  I can buy a nice B on eBay for $20, which is better
than a C, with a Skopar lens which is better than a Lanthar that  I have. I
think that the Vitos were not the best camera of the Voigtlander group.
Your comments settle it. I will take it apart attempt to clean it, not spend
$20 for a manual or $50 -$75 or more for a cleaning.  What can I lose time
and a low investment.
Roger