[rollei_list] Re: Vivitar 283 and Rollei...VariPower found, URL

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 06:09:11 -0400

Although the 285 has some useful features compared to the 283, I still prefer the 283 because it is less bulky and complex, generally a "cleaner" design. More important, however, is that the auto exposure sensor on the 283 admits more light at its maximum range. That allows for an f 5.6 lens opening (at ISO 400) rather than f 4 as provided by the 285, in which a questionable tradeoff is accepted for increased range.
IMHO, the 283 is "The" classic electronic flash design for its size and light output, a perfect match for 35 mm and good enough for 6X6. It is the only portable flash I have used for close to 30 years.

Allen Zak

On May 4, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Peter K. wrote:

Carlos,

The 285 has that built-in. May be cheaper to simply sell the 283 and get the 285HV. But that is your choice.

Peter K

On 5/3/06, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: The tinylink URL is not working for me, this is the
original URL:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=61614&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

All the best
Carlos
escribió:

> Finally I could find the VariPower accesory that we
> are talking about from yesterday, I found it in the
> B&H NYC web site and costs $21; a friend of mine
> will
> travel to NYC on July and he'll buy the unit for me.
> this is the Vivitar VariPower for the 283 flash:
>
> http://tinylink.com/?c5SOCx2hlZ
>
> All the best
> Carlos

> Correo Yahoo!
> Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y
> antispam ¡gratis!
> ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into