[rollei_list] Re: Viewing Lenses

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:12:12 -0500

At 11:27 AM 11/7/05 -0600, Peter J Nebergall wrote:
>I have a # of TLRS with Heidosmat viewing lenses, and one (OS) with a
>Heidoscop...
>
>Who made them?  It never occurred to me they might not be a Zeiss product
>til now....

Up through the Postwar Automat, Type 3, the viewing lenses were all made by
Optisches Anstalt Saalfeld, aka OAS, a Zeiss subsidiary then (and again,
having passed some years as part of Docter Optics before Zeiss assumed
control).  Since then, the taking lens' manufacturer always made the
viewing lens though lens replacements (say, of a damaged Xenotar by a
Planar) makes this rule a bit problematic.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505