[rollei_list] Re: Verticals at edge of frame

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:15:48 -0300

2011/12/12 Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> "Loss of image information" should not be a significant problem.  If you
> make a 16-bit scan at 3200 ppi, you have enough info for a print of about
> 24x24" @ 300 ppi.  Hardly a problem in any reasonable perspective crop -
> unless you're trying to turn a pyramid into a square?

The image resolution has nothing to do with the problem, I meant you
could lose and in fact you lose an area of the original  image you are
correcting, it could be significant or it could be no significant for
the final result, it is more significant for close-up images  and it
is more significant if the perspective error is big. Another sample is
to correct the perspective for a church with a cross above the tower,
you could lose or you could crop the cross after to correct the
perspective with PS or similar software, it depends about the
correction amount needed and the image original composition, perhaps
you lose nothing, only a bit of sky or perhaps you lose a significant
detail; if you lost the cross after the correction, you can't recover
it, it has nothing to do with the image resolution.
I only pointed out the difference between the PS perspective
modification tool and a view camera.