[rollei_list] Re: Velvia 100

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:23:24 -0500

I've yet to try either. I've been using Sensia (super cheap!), and getting colors like I remember I saw them - which is pretty good for a film, though it isn't exciting. Back in High School I loved using Kodachrome - those reds and yellows!

Carlos that slide you shot was wonderful, and the colors seemed very real.

Elias

On Dec 15, 2006, at 2:49 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

I also liked the Velvia 50 and I used it if I wished
saturated colors for the slides, however my preferred
slide film is the Fuji Provia 100 RDPIII, it's a very
well balanced film; BTW the news about the Velvia 50
and the substitute raw material are good news, but
like someone wrote previously, we'll see if Fuji had
success replacing the raw materiales for the film in
practical use.-

All the best
Carlos

--- Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

At 08:48 AM 12/15/2006 -0300, Carlos Manuel Freaza
wrote:

This photograph was taken last summer (11 months
ago),
using the 3.5F Planar and Fuji Velvia 100 slide
film,
the film replacing the Velvia 50.

Fortunately, Velvia 100's replacement of Velvia 50
is short lived.
Fuji is re-introducing Velvia 50 this coming spring.

Awhile back, when I said that Velvia 50 was 'my'
film, someone said
that the 'new' Velvia 50 would be different as it
uses different
'raw' materials. Fuji's response is:

"As a result, Fujifilm research and development
teams have developed
substitute raw materials and new manufacturing
technologies that
enable the company to restart production of Velvia
50. The new film
is expected to be available in late spring 2007. The
characteristics
of the new emulsion will mirror that of the previous
product."

Fuji says that the new product will mirror the
previous product. So
besides not only being able to photographically not
tell the
difference between the old and the new, does this
mean that I have to
flop the transparency in order to print it
right-way-around?  ;-)

:-)

Jim

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

Correo Yahoo!