[rollei_list] Re: Veering OT: 120 Chrome and all of that

  • From: Grégoire Jacques Vandenschrick <fa420324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:48:07 +0200

Long time ago I didn't wrote here...

I had the same feeling some times ago, suddenly realizing that the hi-fi shop
where I used to drool over Sony DD walkman was gone a long time ago. That
space, that Sony DD-9 was there, unbelievably expensive, to listen my Jimi
Hendrix tape... I was too young for that money. And then CD player went, and
then Apple launched its first iPod, and here we are, with all these cellphone
taking pics, playing music, speaking, and sometimes I just want to throw it
away. Alas, there's no way back to these days.

Hopefully, to play and make pictures with that beautifully immaculate Rollei
2.8F whiteface is so reassuring, so comforting. Really, some night it's a
sorrow I need to make vanish, cranking and taking a pic without rollfilm
inside, just to be sure this camera is not a dream, and everything is not
simply lost. Like to listen to an old Dylan.

Best Regards,

Greg