[rollei_list] Re: Vedr: Re: Upcoming Breker Auction

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 15:40:32 -0600

At 11:30 PM 3/3/2012, Geir wrote:

Like this Don? Is this what you are looking for?
<http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11036649_rolleimarin-4-1961>http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11036649_rolleimarin-4-1961

Thanks, I found that one and also a link to auctions of 3 previous ones. Most of them look new, or almost new. The one in the listing looks as if it had never been out of it's canvas case other than to take pictures of it.

Mine is also a 4 and looks new except on the bottom, which has some paint missing.

I used to be in contact with a camera repair company in California that was buying them (10 years ago) and replacing the seals with O-rings. At one time oil companies were buying them in volume and using them in underwater rig examination. I hope the market still exists because I am now living where there is no easy diving.

DAW