[rollei_list] Re: Vastly OT: Kippered Herring

  • From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:38:08 -0700

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Frank,

I guess one could say that my statement on kippers in a full English
breakfast was a test.  You passed!  Kippers and eggs were an
alternative to a FEB.  Also gammon and eggs.

I never could get used to canned baked beans with breakfast.  I
taught the chef at The Oaks how to make hash brown potatoes
as our alternative.  My wife's objection was that the toast was always
cold und dry and the bacon was undercooked.

I hope you have better luck in Brazil than you had in the far East.

Jerry

I can adapt rather easily to cold canned baked beans, and even cold toast, if they have marmalade or some substitute, but I simply will not eat what amounts to uncooked bacon.
In so many places in the world where I've traveled, and many places in the U.S. where I live, the person doing the cooking cannot seem to grasp the idea of crisp bacon! Many times they barely get it good and warm.
I send it back once. From then on, I leave it untouched.
For one thing, it's a health hazard.
Who knows where they get their pig meat?

Crisp kills all critters...

keith whaley