[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:59:51 +0000

The trouble with Wikepedia is that is entirely written by opinionated people who are more often pedantic than knowledgeable! In the field where "I know what happened" Wikipedia is often so far wrong it would be amusing if people did not actually take it seriously. Mind you some of it is also joking to see if anyone notices! One of my old colleagues was/is guilty of this.

FD

On 29 Oct, 2009, at 20:20, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

...And this is from the Wikipedia:
"These Series II models were known for their poor build quality, which
was attributed to Jaguar being part of the British Leyland group, as
well as to problems inherent in the design of certain Lucas-sourced
components..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XJ

Carlos

2009/10/29 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Austin:
              I must return to my original post, it's the Jaguar XJ6,
6 and S are confusing me, you can see here a carburator rebuild kit
for the XJ6 1976:

http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/jaguar-xj6/carburetor-rebuild-kit/#1976

They had two Zenith Strom... carburators

Carlos

2009/10/29 Austin Franklin <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Carlos,

I do believe the XJ-S were all fuel injected. Here's the 1975 brochure:

http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/xj-s/launch-hill_20_l.jpg

and on the specifications page, it says:

"INJECTION
Type Lucas electronic manifold injection"

Regards,

Austin