[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:26:25 +0100

Lucas made the first few versions of the (mechanical) fuel injection for the Jaguar XK engine.

Thor

On 29. okt.. 2009, at 16.15, Marc James Small wrote:

At 11:10 AM 10/29/2009, Ken Frazier wrote:
>On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 10:56 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
>> Check this out and correct my error,
>> brother.  Model number?  Car?  Year?
>
>Here:
>
>http://www.lucasinjection.com/MANUALS.htm

Thank you, Ken, but that was not the point. I know of Lucas' involvement in fuel injection: my Audi enjoys a deathless Bosch injection system developed by Lucas. We are speaking, though, of electric fuel pumps for carb-equipped cars. I would like to know of a specific car equipped with such. I have a stack of Lucas part manuals, and they are lacking any entries on such.

Educate me, intelligent people! I can provide you with the part numbers for positive-earth Lucas alternators, but not for any Lucas electric fuel pumps.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!