[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:23:19 -0400

At 02:03 PM 10/29/2009, Austin Franklin wrote:

>You never said your claim was specific to carb equipped cars (or fuel
>injected cars).  The statement was:
>
>"Lucas did not make fuel pumps."
>
>If you want to modify your original statement, and add "...for carb equipped
>cars", then by all means.  But, the original statement is still incorrect,
>and that is what people are responding to.

>> would like to know of a specific car equipped
>> with such.
>
>You could do an internet search on your own if you wanted.
>
>TR5, TR6 to name a couple of Triumphs.  I seem to remember a Maserati having
>a Lucas fuel pump as well.  I worked on a few Jaguars that had them as well.

Thanks, Austin. You are correct, of course, in pointing out that I was not properly specific.

The TR5 was never imported to the US: here it was the TR250 and had an SU pump. And I have worked on dozens of TR6's and they all had SU pumps. Go figure. Maybe all of these mysterious Lucas electric fuel pumps ended up in Boston? They certanly never made it outside of Massachussets. Again, none of my repair manuals make any reference to any sort of Lucas electric fuel pump.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!