[rollei_list] Re: Use of Rolleikins

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:53:01 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Laderberg" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:08 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Use of Rolleikins

Well I tried a Rolleikin on my first Rollei ( 2.8C) back in 1971. I found it to be less than user friendly and never mounted another. The 80mm lens' perspective was nice , though. I have a box of accumulated Rolleikin parts around here if anyone needs some ( next Friday, of course).

I was introduced to the Rolleikin when I got my first Rollei, a Rolleicord IV, when in highschool. I've used them on and off ever since. I don't find them difficult to use at all but they are limited in application. I've mostly used them for portraiture. The lens focal length of either 75 or 80mm is about right. I've gotten good results with both Xenar and Xenotar lenses. The Xenotar seems to be a bit sharper than the f/1.4 lens on my Nikon, not sure of the 105mm lens I often use for the same sort of pictures, its a pretty good lens. The Rolleikin is not as automatic as one gets used to with either the Rolleiflex or the Nikon F-1 but is not complex IMO.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA