[rollei_list] Re: Twin Lens Reflex manufacturer????

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:24:55 +0100

Thank you Carlos, but I am going to disagree with you too ;-)

The Minolta has a very bold name plate with a curved bottom; a silver ring
to both taking and viewing lens; the lenses are too close together and the
silver border to the sports finder is set further into the centre of the
hood than in the photo of Pedro Guerrero.

Although I am not convinced, when I looked through Rollei Report 1 yesterday
and a possible solution may be the Rolleicord II third model on page 9-244 -
PR 098...

The lenses are quite far apart; the shutter is housed in a black cover; the
F&H inscription between the lenses may appear as the narrow light marking in
the photo; the viewfinder lens has no bayonet but the taking lens does and
by close inspection of the photo, three protrusions are faintly visible
around the taking lens. The Rolleicord name plate has a slight curve on the
bottom and there may be a slight curve in the photo, although it does look
straight. The sports finder outline is close to the edge of the hood.

There are so many TLR cameras and with evolving modifications to each
variant, it may be impossible to identify this camera from this low quality
photo.

I am guessing that the silver attachment on the side of the camera is a
Synchronizer - Graflex or similar - for a handle mounted bulb flash.

Any other suggestions? ;-)

John