[rollei_list] Re: Trying to restore Kodachromes taken 50 years ago

  • From: "Evan Dong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ejdong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 05:26:41 -0700

Carlos,

If these Kodachrome images are the ones you scan in, then I see that you did a
good job considering its age. They all look veryu good,

They have the same similar look as my uncle's imaghes from the West Indies
during the late 1950s into late 1960s.

He scan in his image using a Canon FS4000US film scanner. Time consuming, but
preserving his life legacy.

Evan

On , Evan Dong <ejdong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:21 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, these are the first six samples, they were taken by my father
between 1958 and 1962 using a Voss Diax IIb rangefinder camera with a
Xenon Schneider 2/50 (coated), except for the last one, taken with a
WA lens Xenagon Schneider 3,5/35. My father sent these Kodachromes to
Kodak Argentina in Buenos Aires city for processing, however they sent
the Kodachromes to Kodak USA (according some versions to a giant
laboratory that Kodak had in the Panama channel zone, according other
versions, to Rochester directly); he received the processed slides
with their Kodak cardboard frames three months later.

Please, keep in mind these are color shots taken and processed about
55 years ago:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/sets/72157646242821302/

Carlos

PS: I changed some privacy settings for these six images, but I think
you'll see them without problems.