[rollei_list] Re: Tripod versus handheld redux

  • From: Kirk Thompson <thompsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rollei List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:42:07 -0700

Yes, there are two ways now of making commercial proof sheets – with photo
paper exposed through a Print-File, which causes a bit of blur because of the
thickness of the plastic; and in a digital processing machine, for example a
Norita, which color-corrects & perhaps even sharpens each frame separately.
One way fuzzes everything a bit, & the other makes the negatives look better
than they are.  Neither is as accurate as the oldest-fashioned way of putting
the negatives in a printing frame, under glass & over photo paper.

Kirk