[rollei_list] Tri-X in Rodinal or D76?

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 12:16:02 +0200

I have a few rolls of Tri-X to develop, along with a few I’ve pushed by one
stop (ISO800).

Normally I use APX100 in Rodinal 1:25 in a Jobo, and while I’ve gotten decent
results using the same chemistry with Tri-X, I wanted to ask the group’s
collective wisdom about Tri-X in D76 vs Rodinal.

What would I gain for regular rotary processing by using D76 for the Tri-X (I
have a few old cans of D76 lying around that I could use), and especially what
difference I would see on the rolls that have been pushed, if any.

Thanks for any advice or experiences you can share.

Thor