[rollei_list] Re: Traveling with Rollei

  • From: "Jaime Kopchinski" <jaimekop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:00:52 -0400

I passed through Frankfurt on my way back to New York a few weeks ago.  For
US flights there are two security checks.  Both of them offered me hand
inspection of my film when requested, but required the cameras to go through
the scanner.  Once you show them 120 film, they realize you mean business
and don't have a problem.  It helps to travel with some high speed and
professional film as well.  A friend I was traveling with had more problems
with his monopod than anything else.

Treat them with respect you'll be fine.

Jaime

On 6/10/06, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone traveling with film these days through Europe? How are the various airports? Stricy with xrays? I have some concerns as I am traveling again and want to take my Rolleis. Athens, Rome, Frankfurt, Heathrow? Comments?