[rollei_list] Re: Too nice to be true

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 08:59:42 -0400

Hi All,

I did not see this on the original release date but, nevertheless, it would
have caught my attention.   I also believe I had some exchange with someone on
this list a few years ago who was in involved in (or knew) a similar invention
effort for a digital film in the 80s or 90s.

 It seems more doable with the relatively small 35mm cartridge than with our
120 rollfilm chamber and surface. Aside form all the other issues with a
flexible full frame sensor etc.  it would still require a modification of the
camera to communicate the shutter actuation to the digital cartridge...
Challenging for a purely mechanical camera like a Leica M3 or Rolleiflex F...

On a more serious note, has anyone seen a digital back offered  for either
Rollei SL66 or the already very modular and electronic Rollei 2000/3000?

Jan