[rollei_list] Re: The list has helped me already

  • From: Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:29:36 -0500

Welcome to the list, Hoppy. You'll find these guys much easier to get along with than some of the LUGers. You won't get trashed for asking the wrong questions except for one: Never, never ask if the Planar is better than the Xenotar. They same probably applies to the Tessar versus the Xenar.

And you might want to pick up a few books on the Rolleiflex now that Hove Books is defunct. They will be harder to find once the new book stocks are depleted.

Jeffery

At 07:33 AM 4/23/2007, you wrote:
Hello folks. Thank you for welcome notes on and off list from Marc, Jon, Elias and Ken. I actually solved my first Rolleicord puzzle by searching the archives. So I didn't even have to post. Thank you John Wild, if you are out there. Now I know precisely what the differences are between the Rolleicord Va 16exposure set and what I need for my Vb mod 2. Does anyone have the Vb kit with thin masks to insert under the screen? Do the masks move with the parallax correction frame? Everything else works fine so I guess I should be able to make up some drop in masks.

Cheers
Hoppy
Rollei new guy.