[rollei_list] The benefits of the new list system

  • From: bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: RUG List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:08:11 +0100 (CET)

Just after my first post here on rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, I can
already see important improvements over the previous system

- personnal e-mail addresses are protected in the public archive,
  something not offered previously

- strings looking like an http url become active/clickable !!

- the public archive is hosted by the same server that ships mail to
  list members.

Now we need some time to check the efficiency of the new system
against un-solicited parasitic spams & viruses.

I have noted, however, that the new list system software is extremely
tolerant to some aspects long debated on the RUG : it does not filter
at all good ol' discussions like "planar vs. xenotar" und so weiter..
I'm really happy for this : let our old myths continue to live freely
and be shared with with new rollei_list members !;-);-)

--
Emmanuel BIGLER
<bigler@xxxxxxxx>