[rollei_list] Re: The Tone of the List or the List of the Tone, Take Your Pick

  • From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:39:07 -0800

What tone?
I live in the Port of LA and LB area, and my studio is in the harbor. Talking to someone's face, up close and personal is normal around here. And if that won't work, we use the local newspaper to garnish things up a bit.
Maybe you should take a breather for a bit, and have guest moderators.
You could even get fancy, and have it run as a blog.
Slobodan

On Nov 8, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 11:43 PM 11/8/2007, Jeff Kelley wrote:
>Jesus, Marc, I thought you were joking!  I was simply joking back!
>
>If you go back and look, you had the list address in there twice, therefore
>I was getting all your posts twice...I assume we all were.
>
>It was fixed so I assumed you "got it."

I do not have "anything" in the appendages to these missives other than my own signature block. I am sorry if the FREELISTS computer burped but I really do not have the slightest control over that. I was a lot more in control back in our days when we were part of the Brian Reid LUG empire but, today, I am stuck with being a victim of computer oddities.

I am still at a loss as to what your plaint might have been but, in the future, it probably would be best if folks with List Administration issues sent those to me directly or to one of the Moderators.

Am I humourless on these points? I guess. I've been rowing this boat for a bit more than a decade. It gets old and maybe the List has gone on too long. But I will point this out: I try to respond, as do my co-moderaors, promptly. They are polite as they are polite by nature. I am grumpy and short.

We are a goodly number of fine people. This List MIGHT well have exhausted its purpose and mayhaps it is time to close it to preserve bandwidth. Do topics remain to be explored? Haven't Herr Prochnow and Herr Thiele uncovered all of what we were trying to dig out, back in the Longago? List traffic is down and technical issues tend to be an exchange before three or four folks.

Give me your thoughts, guys. Maybe it IS time to ring down the curtain and let me go to bed without a prayer for the all of you. Well, no, I would then have a prayer for "all of the former members of the Rollei List". But maybe we really have said all that there is to say and maybe we are becoming snappish because of this.

Think of it:  would your life be less without the Rollei List?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!