[rollei_list] Re: The Saga of Real World of CDs and South Park

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:51:10 -0700

I got it and I loved it! Yes, barf!

I grew up listening to his mom singing - Mambo Italiano, Stormy Weather, Buffalo Gals, Tenderly, Fools Rush In, Lover Man (Oh Where Can You Be?), etc, etc, etc.

Jim

At 09:30 AM 4/19/2006 -0700, Peter K. wrote:
FWIW, I hoped no one took my smug comment out of context (see below). It was humor relating to a South Park (a cartoon comedy) episode about 3 weeks back dealing with George Clooney, Hollywood, Hybrid cars and smugness. Surprised no one got it but wanted to clear it up as I did not have smileys in the text.

Peter K

On 4/18/06, Peter K. <<mailto:peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric, Eric, Eric, there you go again. I can see you there smiling as smug as George Clooney was the night of the Oscars after his speech about how hollywood was so far ahead of the curve. (Barf!) Or perhaps it is because you drive a hybrid car? All hybrid drivers are smug you know.

Since we are not sure of how the disc was made one cannot assume it can be repaired. Case in point, sometimes when CDs are made in bulk a machine error will effect a number of CDs in production. So it may not be readable because it was created unreadable in the first place.
Or perhaps you are using an older CD reader. For example, if you have an older CD reader sometimes the newer 700MB disks are unable to be read. Or perhaps you are reading a disc made for an IBM machine on an Apple. At one point there were some differences, not sure what they may be today.

Peter K