[rollei_list] The Planar arrived

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:35:13 -0300

I received the Planar HFT 1.8/50, it is in mint condition as the
seller wrote in the description. I could know that the Rollei Planar
1.8/50 is a third evolution regarding the 1950 Voigtländer Ultron
2/50, a 6 elements Gauss type design like the Planar. Carl Zeiss
modified this lens keeping the basic design but increasing the
elements to seven and the speed too, becoming a 1.8/50 lens, the main
feature was a big negative front element, it was the standard lens for
some  cameras like the Zeiss-Ikon/ Voigtlander Icarex (BM and TM) and
the SL-706, the Rolleiflex SL 35M and Voigtländer VSL 1 BM "father".
The third evolution was the CZ Rollei Planar 1.8/50, Color Ultron for
Voigtländers made by Rollei, very similar regarding the second CZ
Ultron version but with a different front element as you can see in
the diagrams in the web page mentioned below.

This is my SL 35 with the Planar:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5797319475/in/photostream

Carlos