[rollei_list] Re: The Four McCoys?

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:37:53 -0400

At 10:24 PM 5/30/2008, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
ER,

No, wrong McCoys.  I presume that you never saw Ian McShane in "Deadwood".

Jerry

Jerry

I watch almost no television other than THE RED GREEN SHOW. And the Wikipedia articles do not decipher the "Four McCoys" reference under DEADWOOD or any of the links such as those to McShane and Swearingen.

However, in a restaurant, I always sit with my back to the wall, a trick taught me by Will Bill Hickock. He was shot on one of the few occasions when he failed to follow his own advice. Goes to show: had he been in the dark room at the time, he'd probably have lived out a life as lone as that of Wyatt Earp.

Earp lived to 1927 or so. He used to sit in bars until someone got talking about the West and then would hold his peace until someone mentioned "the Gunfight at the OK Corral". As the whoppers started flowing about the escapades of Wyatt Earp, he would finally speak up and identify himself. If someone doubted him, he just pulled out his California Driver's License. Earp died of a heart attack in traffic on the way to the Rose Bowl Game, a rather discordant end to one of the icons of US mythology.

But, still, always either stay in the dark room or sit with your back to the wall!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!