[rollei_list] Re: The End of Kodachrome and 120-size

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:00:47 +0200

I bought and used 120 Kodachrome for a trip to Egypt in 1993, looking at the slides today I kick myself for not using it more, I was lured by the saturation of Velvia, which was (is) great for Norwegain nature (esp with a lot of overcast days, subtle colors that pop out when overemphasized by Velvia, etc), but not nearly as natural and 3D as K64.

Lausanne, Switzerland, where the last Kodachrome processing facility was until it was shut down a few years ago. I'm not sure if they did both 35mm & 120, but I believe so.

Cheers,
Thor

On 23. juni. 2009, at 10.44, Emmanuel Bigler wrote:

From Richard K. :
>> Kodak did not offer Kodachrome in roll film sizes until fairly recent times.

For those who like precise historical & geographical references, J.C. Launey on our French MF/LF forum
http://www.galerie-photo.info/forum/read.php?f=3&i=30266&t=30266
mentions that Kodachrome in 120 rolls was available (probably in France, actual dates might differ for the USA) from 1987 to 1992.

The informations I have stored on my computer mentions that the last processing run of 120 rolls of Kodachromme occured on October 1, 2001 somewhere in the British Isles.

The 'net says : at Kodak-labs, Wimbledon, but I had heared at the time from a technician in Lausanne : somewhere in Scotland ?

--
Emmanuel