[rollei_list] Re: The BIG Picture

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:34:10 -0500

At 07:38 PM 7/30/2010, Elias wrote:
A friend on facebook posted this link: http://70gigapixel.cloudapp.net/

It's a large panoramic landscape that you can zoom into, down to
individual bricks on buildings. You have to see it to believe it.
The first time I tried the link I got a black page, then second time I
tried I got the image.
There's a wow factor here of a very different sort than I'm used to
looking for in a picture, and a really new way to think of photography.
I hope you enjoy it.

Elias

Very good example- Thanks

I can remember the olden days when the web was all dial-up, and pictures always came in in low resolution and gradually built up to full detail over a few seconds.

I don't remember whey this process went away, maybe when we got cable. Does anyone else remember that effect?

DAW