[rollei_list] Re: Test-roll-film for magazines

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:00:36 -0500

At 10:26 AM 9/26/2012, you wrote:
Hi
has anyone tried to make a testfilm - only paper - to check if a magazine transports right? I'd just put it in to my different magazines, take 12 photos and draw 2 lines with a pencil on the paper (on one top, one on the bottom) after taking the magazine off and removing the slide. After the "film" is through, I'd unroll it and see whether the distances are good or not.

My question now is, how long exactly should the papers be and how thick? Or wouldn't that work at all?

I just use an old roll of film I don't plan to shoot with and tape the loose end down with scotch tape. That way you can continue to use it again and again. As it turns out, taping the trailing end down doesn't cause any problems with the backward winding use, at least in my experience.

I initially used this to check that a long-unused Rolleimarin was tripping correctly, and it was, by the way.

Uwe

[]