[rollei_list] Re: Tele Mutar & Tele Rolleiflex

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:52:28 +0200

It might have to do with the safety filter.
I'm a big fan of Sanders. He makes amazing portraits.
Get an account. Sanders alone is worth it.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Jerry Lehrer wrote:
Sandy,

Sorry, but Flicker will not let me see those pictures that you have linked. I have no
account with them.

Will some other way for you to show them be available?

Jerry

Sanders McNew wrote:
John, that's an interesting idea. And if I mount my 0.7x Mutar on my Tele, I get ... something
like my 2.8E?

I shoot the Tele for portraits all the time.  I find that
the 0.7 Rolleinar does not get me close enough
for a tight headshot.  However, you can mount a
Bay III Rolleinar I on top of either Tele Rolleinar
and the combination gets you real close -- I use
the 0.35 Tele Rolleinar with a Rolleinar I all the
time, for photos such as these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandersnyc/3076791496/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandersnyc/2957173694/

Apart from some vignetting (which does not bother me) I find the combination very accommodating.

Sanders

John Wild wrote:

Although not recommended (or even mentioned by Rollei) a friend used a
Tele-Mutar (BayIII) on his Tele-Rolleiflex to get an approximate 200mm lens. The results were good, better than enlarging the standard Tele negative to the same magnification. The results did show some slight vignetting which probably would be eliminated by stopping down a little. Light conditions did not permit this though and they were only of buildings. Someone could try
this combo for portraiture?

The other alternatives to taking out a bank loan to purchase a new
Tele-Rollei with close focusing are to use one of the Rolleinars (.35 or .7) for the old Teles which give head & shoulder and head shots respectively.

John