[rollei_list] Re: TALES OF ANCIENT COMPUTERs

  • From: "austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:57:58 -0500

Hi Frank,

ComputerVision has long been swallowed up by a few different companies.  I
believe Prime swallowed them first, after that I have no idea.  AutoCAD
probably owns the assets by now.  Basically, AutoCAD and the PC did CV in
IMO.  What ComputerVision did was truly groundbreaking in the world of CAD,
but as typical in the software/solutions industry of the 70's (where there
was really no unified hardware platform, most software ran on dedicated
hardware, and CV was no exception) CV didn't get with the program fast
enough.  I left CV in 1979, which was when they were at their height of
glory, to join in starting up Automatix.

BTW, I had an entire Lotus Europa digitized on the CADDS 3 system...

Regards,

Austin