[rollei_list] Re: TALES OF ANCIENT COMPUTERs

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:46:20 -0800

Sure, Control Program/Monitor. I worked with Gary Kildall on CP/M internals. I re-wrote CP/M for use in AMD's System 29, their Bit-Slice development system. And I wrote the 'bit-slice debugger' for System 29. Actually, I co-authored the book 'Bit-Slice Microprocessor Design' published by McGraw Hill. The only major bit-slice design book ever published, translated into four other languages and used in universities throughout the world.

Whew... this thread sure brings back some old memories...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0070417814/acmorg-20

Jim

On Jan 12, 2009, at 10:33 AM, austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Can anyone say what CP/M stands for (off the top of their head, not by
looking it up)?