[rollei_list] Re: Surprised

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:15:59 -0500

On Mar 29, 2005, at 7:10 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

> The M4 does have an inflated price, one that I regard as improperly
> inflated, as I find it a weak sister in the Leitz line and a camera
> which
> lives much more on reputation than on performance.  The M3 and M6 are
> substantially superior cameras.

Could you elaborate on this, please.  My recollection of the time I
used an M4 was that, while lacking some of the M3 finesse, it was a
capable and substantial camera.  My impression of the M6  (I don't own
one, my last was the M42) is that, light meter aside, it is not up to
the fit and finish of the M4.

Actually, my favorite Leicas were the IIIf and the IIIG, but they were
pretty well mated to the 50mm lens and awkward with other focal
lengths.

Allen Zak