[rollei_list] Re: Super Ikonta images ----"flickr" Blocked!

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:42:03 -0800

Jan,

My computer at work blocks "flickr", as well as other porno sites. Tey also block any sites that are ao tobacco or alcohol.

I cannot see the Wine Spectator site or Cigar Afficionado.. They block most music sites except Boston (something or other).

an Decher wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Encouraged by Carlos' and Ken's examples, I have posted the first four 6x6 images on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mittelformat/

These were taken with my Super Ikonta BX folder (2.8/80 mm Tessar), which finally arrived back from Henry Scherer's Zeiss Camera rejuvenation after almost 1.5 years! Meter is working perfectly! The camera is great for carrying folded flat under your jacket while skiing and snowshoeing.

I am still figuring out a frame spacing issue that Henry warned me about (due to different modern film thickness). Also still struggling with keeping the Ikonta level (surprisingly difficult with the old VF), getting accurate color rendition from color negative film (Portra 160 NC, in this case) and fighting the dust specks with my Epson Perfection 3200 scanner.

Recent photos with Rolleiflex 3.5E will follow and hopefully eventually a more formal comparison of 80 Tessar, 75mm Xenotar and 2.0/80 Planar (Contax 645).
Comments appreciated.
Jan