[rollei_list] Re: Super Ikonta C

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 08:45:10 -0700

   Glad to hear you are all OK. I mostly just stay home and do the minimum of shopping. Would love to see the Super Ikonta pix. The Super Ikontas have a good reputation for sharpness despite the front element focusing lenses.
   The main thing about L.A. is that traffic is so light it looks like a holiday every day. Grocery stores have spaced lines. I have gloves and masks and wear them when out of my car. It would be hell without the internet.
    Meanwhile I am trying to get the front element out of an ancient Rodenstock Trinar LF lens. It has some haze between the elements. I made a friction wrench but can't get the retaining ring to budge. I don't want to drill the ring for a spanner so will continue trying the friction wrench and various solvents for a while. This is a 12", f/6.3 lens I bought many years ago. Dates from 1915 to 1920 from the serial number.

On 4/14/2020 8:08 AM, David Stumpp wrote:

Great, thanks, Ferdi! I'd love to see them, too.

Also glad to know you and others are yet healthy. We're bunkered down here in Faringdon for the last month and prepared to keep on. We have a 3 year old, so nothing much gets done in the daytime, but I'm getting an occasional roll of film developed in the hours that I steal from my sleep.

Best to all!
Dave