[rollei_list] Re: Subject: Rollei graduated sky filter in Efke 25 film sheet

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,
    My main reading about filters was an original Focal Press book from the
'50s beginning called "Exposure", written by W. F. Berg, an engineer that
belonged to Kodak research labs, I have the Spanish translation. Berg dedicates
a chapter to explain filters basic working; you can apply the explanations to
new filters and similar situations about the book descriptions easily.
Claus Prochnow's books, Rollei Report I and Report II, have Rollei filters
production data and main features including the Rollei graduated sky filter, I
also have some old brochures about Rollei products and some old books about
Rollei like the 1950 edition "Rolleiflex and Rolleicord" by Walter Daniel
Emmanuel, another Focal press book translated into Spanish by Editorial Omega
Barcelona, Spain.
I don't think I know very much about filters Ed, hardly the basic to use them
as photographic tool, anyway thank you very much for the confidence about I
could discuss on filters with Norman Rothschild.-

Carlos