[rollei_list] Subject: Re: TMax 100 Development - some Results

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:11:59 -0400

Carlos and Richard,

Maybe you are right and I have uneven film development in my old Jobo 1000 tank with adjustable plastic reel. I do have a Kindermann 120 steel tank and even a nifty 120/35mm Honeywell Nikor "crank loading device" but never mustered enough courage to fiddle with center- loading 120 film onto a steel reel in complete darkness... ;-) But maybe worth a try to see if I get more even development...

Yes, I did scan on the scanner glass direclty and saw the newton ring but didn't have time to re-scan. Should finally get one of those nifty film holders from Doug Fisher
http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/models/3200.html

Anyone on this list using these?

Thanks all,
Jan

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
It seems there is some problem with your reel or the developing tank or developing equipment, the rows of spotting look like a chemical issue IMO, they have nothing to do with roller reflections, roller reflections are horizontal and look different. Spots could indicate uneven film development. You got a Newton ring in the sky for the first image, sometimes it happens when you scan on the scanner glass directly.
I never use hypo clearing and am happy with my results in general.
Carlos
--------------
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    .... I don't recognize the marks on the film. They are not
typical of the roller reflections. The T-Max negative also
has an irregular section at the top, near the center, that
appears to have moir, perhaps this is an artifact of
scanning.
     The marks at near the edges also do not appear to be
surge marks. They look almost as though the film was
sticking together during part of the development or fixing
process. More detail about the type of tank (or whatever
other method was used) would be helpful.
     Also, look at the surfaces of the film to see if the
marks show up in relief, they may be drying marks although
they are not typical of them.  I don't think the camera is
causing this.....
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx