[rollei_list] Subject: Re: SL66 tips

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:53:37 -0400

Carlos:

I disagree with the notion that the SL66 is just a studio camera. The built-in macro function and the reversible lenses make it ideal for controlled Macro work outdoors IF you are willing to carry the camera. But it is really not much bigger than the current 600x system which a lot of photographers use as a travel camera. The SL66 is certainly robust enough.

E. & O. Danesch of Tyrol have used the SL66 extensively for their fantastic "coffee table" books on the European flora. See samples of their work in the SL66 book: "Photographers, technologists...write a bout a universal camera system". I have used the SL66 successfully with the compact Bogen 3221S tripod for photographing fungi etc.

I would really like to see Rollei revive this bellows-lens system perhaps on a more compact 645 basis with digital back etc. as an answer to Hasselblad's H1.
Jan

From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I add to your interesting commentary about the SL 66
that this camera was conceived and designed as a
Studio camera from factory, this is the reason it's a
large and heavy SLR.-
All the best
Carlos

--- Rollei List