[rollei_list] Re: Storage Media [OT]

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 11:07:09 -0700

I still have a box of punch cards I created when I was a systems programmer in Lockheed's 7090s and 7094s. Plus several Memorex 1/2" tapes containing the OS (IBSYS) with my changes. I also have the first OS (COS for Card OS) for our first 360/30, which was one of the first delivered from IBM. It's a deck of cards about 4" thick. Then came TOS (Tape OS). I was the system programmer that brought up the 7094 emulator in the 360/65 (a mix of hardware & firmware) for Lockheed.

This all started in 1965.

Tough to remember all of the crazy stuff I did way back then - but I didn't learn as I'm still doing it!

:-)

Jim

On May 3, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Now you're talking. I still have the IBM punch cards  I created for a
science project 45 years ago... any body got a machine to read them or
computer to run them?