[rollei_list] Re: Step Up Ring - uncoated filter

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2ster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:47:50 -0400

I've done a lot of shooting with coated, uncoated, and multicoated
lenses, and there is definitely a noticeable difference in contrast
between all 3, especially in difficult light situations.  How much a
coated filter makes vs an uncoated one?  Dunno for sure, but it might
be more than you think. I'm pretty sure it ALL matters, if you're
after that modern high local contrast look.  Not really my thing most
of the time, but I know it is for a lot of people. I don't own any
coated filters, but like I said, not really my thing:)