[rollei_list] Re: Step Up Ring

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:30:03 -0400

Marc,

Just took you up on your Series VI adaptor idea and called Harrison and
Harrison in California.  I ordered 5 filters, a lens hood and a Series VI to
bay II adaptor (in my case) in a matter of minutes as H&H will sell direct.
The filters are a laminate and are non-coated at about $25 each.  I think
the hood and adaptor totaled around $20.  I was told by one of the Harrisons
that H&H doesn't coat their filters because many of these items are
purchased by rental houses catering to the motion picture industry.
Apparently the coatings wouldn't stand up (I guess to the abuse).

I have a Series VI to 37mm press on adaptor for my Zeiss Super Ikonta - it's
great, I can use the same filters on both cameras.

Rob