[rollei_list] Re: Status Update

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 00:23:22 -0500

At 04:40 PM 12/29/2012, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>     Do you suppose Marc's fall was caused by an attack by a
>Canada Goose? Perhaps it Canada goosed him.

Geese and swans do not like me, though I generally get along well with the avian archosaurs. I have been chased around farms and ornamental ponds for decades by geese and swans. They always rush at me on land and, well, geese and swans are not terribly mobile on land, so I just walk backwards and let them come at me with their fleet sounding like rubber galoshes. After a while, they get bored and go away. I have never been bitten by either, though a friend of mine got nipped by a good one time on his hand and it took a few stitches to set him right.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!