[rollei_list] Re: Sprint system?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:49:49 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:58 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Sprint system?

Hi RIchard,

they're in business and selling direct from their website. I've never heard of them and was just curious if it was anything special. Judging from your response I probably should just stick with Rodinol :-).

Cheers,
Thor

Sprint used phenidone in developers to avoid metol, to which many are allergic, and sold neutral fixer to eliminate the sulfur dioxide gas that can cause asthma in some people. I think they also sold citric acid stop bath, again to avoid irritating odors. AFAIK the performance of their chemicals is just fine. I am not a great fan of Rodinal. Its a very convenient developer and will work for nearly anything (including paper) but is not the optimum for any of them.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles