[rollei_list] Re: Sniping on ebay: Was Camera show decline

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:49:13 +0000

The few times I've used Ebay I've 'manually' sniped - simply put in my bid a
few seconds before the end at the maximum level I'm prepared to pay for it.
I've either got it  at or close to this price, or not at all, rather than
get sucked into paying more in a bidding frenzy. Looking at bid histories
everyone else seems to be playing the same game. This is in effect makes
most of the auctions more  like the sealed-bid practice often used over here
for buying houses.
Having been watching for one hotly-desired camera  recently on e-bay I'd be
more concerned about 'shilling': I've seen one or 2 items go for well over
the odds and then suddenly re-appear a few days later.
Chat