[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is alive with filtration

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:50:51 -0500

Lance -

Let no one suggest to you that this is elementary. Filtering for color
temperature, especially in mixed light, is something which even the
most experienced film-makers still struggle with. When you are
shooting negative, the print compensates some. When you are scanning,
you can "filter" with photoshop. But when you are looking at a chrome
on the light table, there is nothing between you and the situation
with which you were faced, and often time you cannot filter
effectively for all you are dealing with...

Eric Goldstein